Speak God’s Word to God’s People
CONTACT: Marge Hasher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder to Lectors:
For the 8:00 Mass, and whenever there is NO CANTOR, stay and speak the response between readings.
– Lectors sit on the left side of the first pew down from the Ambo, right next to the Baptismal Font. The Altar Servers will sit on the right side of the same pew.
– Wait for the queue to read the announcements and introduction to Mass.
– At the Liturgy of The Word, stand & bow before ascending steps to the Ambo.
– After the first reading, turn the page in the Lectionary for the second reading, step down and face the Tabernacle, then bow, and return to your seat.
– Follow same reverence of bowing before and after the second reading, and be sure to turn the page to the Gospel for the Deacon.
– Return to your seat (You may return to the same pew, or you may walk along the back of the church to your family’s pew).
When there are two Lectors:
Lector A: Does the greeting and announcements from the binder when queued, followed by the introduction for the Mass.
Lector B: When no deacon is present, Lector B reads the petitions from the binder.
Please be sure to use the correct sheet of announcements or petitions for your Mass.
As always, if you cannot be present on the day and time for which you are scheduled, please find a substitute.
LECTOR SCHEDULE FOR JUNE 2017
SATURDAY: 6/3, 6/10, 6/17 & 6/24
(A&B) Bob Sobkow (6/3)
(A) Bob Sobkow (6/10)
(B) Marge Hasher (6/10)
(A) Bob Sobkow (6/17)
(B) Tony Marinaccio (6/17)
(A) Marge Hasher (6/24)
(B) Tony Marinaccio (6/24
SUNDAY: 6/4, 6/11, 6/18 & 6/25
(A) Cindy Kern (6/4)
(B) Mark Gurnett (6/4)
(A) Nina Giacona (6/11, 6/18 & 6/25)
(B) Mark Gurnett (6/11, 6/18 & 6/25)
(A) Janice Fipp (6/4)
(B) Jerry Butler (6/4)
(A) Bill Dingman (6/11, 6/18 & 6/25)
(B) Jerry Butler (6/11, 6/18 & 6/25)
(A) Maryann Smith
(B) Lauren Santoro